- Bonus features can be jokers (wild symbols), scatter symbols, free spins, or extra bonus games.
- Payline refers to the amount of money that the player can win depending on the specific pay line pattern they hit.
- Max bet denotes the maximum bet of coins a player can bet per spin.
A slots terminology section is designed to educate and help you learn more about the rules, strategy, and everything related to the exciting slot machines. When playing slots, you will come across different terms like bonus features, coin value, free spins, max bet, payline, payout, paytable, progressive jackpot, random number generator, and reels. Therefore, you must know what each of these terms mean.
How it works
- This slots terminology section is designed not only to educate you but also to help you learn more about the rules, strategy, and everything else related to this beautiful game.
- Bonus Features
- Essentially, it refers to those bonus slot machines containing specific features to expand the gameplay or give the player more opportunities to earn extra money and spins. Bonus features can be jokers (wild symbols), scatter symbols, free spins, or extra bonus games.
- Coin Value
- The specified amount of money that a player must invest in a machine to play. Depending on the slot machine’s specific requirements, players must bet a specific number of coins per pay line.
- Free Spins
- As far as that goes, it’s all in the name: Free Spins are offers given chiefly out as bonus prizes to give players more spins for free.
- Max Bet
- Denotes the maximum bet of coins a player can bet per spin. Players can either max out on one pay line or bet on different pay lines. In classic slots, the maximum bet is usually three coins, which can hit a bigger jackpot than just one or two.
- The payline refers to the lines that go across the screen. The amount of money that the player can win depends on the specific pay line pattern they hit. Paylines are only activated if the player initially bets on them.
- The amount of money the player gets if he hits.
- Pay Table
- Commonly found on the top of slot machines. The paytable is a list of potential payouts to players. Here you can see which different combinations produce which result. The paytable also explains if there are bonus features in the game.
- Progressive jackpot
- This term denotes an ever-growing cash prize available to players playing on the same slots network. The progressive jackpot keeps growing depending on how many people play and how many coins they are betting on. For every spin on the machine, a bit of money is added to the current jackpot until it eventually becomes enormous.
- Random Number Generator
- Although many players believe otherwise, random number generators – also known as RNG – are built into all modern slot machines, whether online or physical. The RND promises fair play through random outcomes. Thanks to this technology, it is not necessary for the player to use any strategy to win since the winning combinations are determined by the machine and not by the player. However, there are a few ways and pointers you can use to increase your chances of winning big.
- Refers to constructing the first slot machines, which consisted of metal, narrow, and spinning reels. The reels of the slots display the symbols of the game. Once set in motion, they tell the player the winning or losing hit combination, which determines if anything is paid out and, if so, how much. There are two-, three-, and four-reel slot machines, but the three-reel slot machine is the most traditional. The more reels a slot machine has, the harder it is for the player to hit the jackpot.